ESVONC update and activities
The electronic vote for ESVONC EC Board posts took place recently with the voting period closing last 30th January 2015. No candidacies for the vacant posts were received. Member at large (Dr Jérôme BENOIT) and Treasurer (Dr Tom Hendrickx), presented with support from the EC board have been elected.
Annual ESVONC congress – 28-30 May 2015- Krakow
The annual ESVONC congress will take place in Krakow –May 28‐30th 2015, at Park Inn by Radisson hotel, and will include the following:
- A new session named “The Resident Workshop” on Wednesday 27th May, intended to support training of oncology residents. This year the topic chosen will be 'How to critically evaluate a research publication'.
- Continuing with the congress format started 2 years ago based on Themed sessions about a given topic of interest in veterinary oncology, this year the topics chosen are 'Metronomic Chemotherapy and Tumour Microenvironment' and 'Pain Management in the Animal Cancer Patient’
- Two new clinical sessions are part of the program this year, ‘Medical Therapy for recurrent and/or high grade mast cell tumours’ and ‘How to deal with relapse in lymphoma’
- The welcome Reception will be in Krakow's National Gallery, on the main square of this attractive city, and there will be a beautiful gala dinner in the every special atmosphere of the Wieliczka Salt Mines of Krakow.
- More information about the ESVONC congress http://www.esvonc.org/congressregistration.html
ESVONC Day at ECVIM congress - 10-12th September 2015 - Lisbon
As every year at the annual ECVIM--‐CA congress, ESVONC will have one oncology focused day (September 12th) with combined lectures in the morning and scientific abstracts in the afternoon.
The oncology lectures will be focused on different aspects of lymphoproliferative disease:
- Update in outcome and prognosis for human diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. (Catherine Thieblemont MD, France)
- The role of radiation therapy in the treatment of canine and feline lymphoma (Julia Buchholz ACVR, Switzerland)
- Update in treatment and prognosis of canine lymphoma (Frédérique Ponce ECVIM-CA, France)
- Update in diagnosis of canine leukemia (Stefano Commazzi ECVCP, Italy)