A new technical document has bee produced in response to a request for guidance on a risk-basd approach to undertake SARS-CoV-2 investigations in animals.
This publication provides:
- An assessment of the risk of human or animal exposure to SARS‑CoV‑2 through contact with, handling or consumption of wild, domestic and aquatic animal species or their products.
- Identification of current knowledge gaps regarding the zoonotic origin or animal‑human spillover of SARS‑CoV‑2 and recommendations on priority studies.
- A summary of available evidence for SARS‑CoV‑2 susceptibility of different animal species.
- Evidence‑based recommendations on how to prioritize animal species for targeted field investigations or research studies.
- Recommendations for targeted One Health investigations and epidemiological, laboratory, anthropological or seasonality studies to fill critical knowledge gaps evidenced by this exposure assessment.
Links to downloads:
You can access the document here on the webpage or access the PDF here.