Small Animal Internal Medicine Internship
Pride Veterinary Centre in Derbyshire, UK strives to deliver world class patient care. The facilities include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite (with CT and MRI), 3 ultrasound rooms, interventional radiology capability, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool and treadmills and dedicated chemotherapy & radioiodine treatment rooms.
The team of more than 100 veterinary professionals at Pride delivers specialist-led care across all disciplines, collaborating to provide the best possible outcome for all the patients. Alongside this, there is a Vets@Night service, dedicated leadership structure and support functions such as Finance, Customer Care, HR and IT on site. It is set at the heart of the prize-winning Pride Park development in amongst amazing sporting arenas and commercial enterprises. The foothills of the Derbyshire Dales offer idyllic surroundings, whilst having the urban benefits of both Derby and Nottingham cities on the doorstep and an international airport very close by.
Our multidisciplinary referral hospital is currently taking applications for 2 positions of discipline-specific small animal internal medicine interns to join our established team (currently 6 ECVIM-CA & ACVIM Diplomates, 2 ECVIM-CA residents and nurses), in a purpose built, state of the art referral hospital in Derby.
Desire to pursue a residency is not a requirement. However, this internship program is aimed at preparing the candidate for an internal medicine residency.
One position is available in June 2019 and the other in September 2019. Interviews will take place in May 2019. Two letters of recommendation will be requested for the short-listed candidates.
Further details about us and formal applications can be made via www.prideveterinarycentre.co.uk
Required skills and experience
- Registration with the RCVS at the time of starting the internship
- Proficiency in the English language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and think clearly under pressure
- Previous rotating internship and/or clinical experience in small animal practice
Professional Perks and Benefits
- Mentored training, preparing the intern to an internal medicine residency
- Access to regular internal medicine journal clubs, resident classes and other in house CPD events
- Potential for scientific publications
- £1000 CPD budget
- Birthday off work
- Death in Service cover
- Discount Staff Pet Scheme
- Practice focus on health and well-being