Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Small Animal Internal Medicine
Please apply with URL: http://bit.ly/2S2TE71
To make a difference, you have to be different. That’s what we strive to be.
A career with Ross Vet is more than just a job; it is an extraordinary opportunity to join an innovative, collaborative community of passionate professionals making a difference every day by advancing human and animal health through the power of education.
We make a difference by providing our students with an unparalleled learning experience as they prepare for lifelong career success as today’s veterinarians and tomorrow’s leaders. Ross Vet colleagues thrive in a culture that encourages personal growth and professional development, bringing meaning and purpose to everything we do.
Reporting to the Divisional Head, Small Animal Medicine, the successful candidate will be joining a collegial team of faculty to deliver a progressive small animal teaching program to veterinary students as part of their preclinical curriculum. This includes contributions to the teaching of small animal internal medicine in various courses (Small Animal Medicine I and II) as well as participating other didactic courses as appropriate for the expertise of the applicant and in pre-clinical laboratory experiences (medical skills, physical exam, introduction to clinical experiences). The successful candidate will also be expected to provide occasional Internal Medicine consultation in the community practice on campus, including mentorship of the community practice faculty.
An active research program will be expected, and the School has clear strategy and funding for conditions relevant to infectious disease and health concerns of animals in the tropics. Intramural funding is available but submission of grants for extramural funding is expected. Engagement in service activities, including faculty meetings, assigned committees, and designated office hours is expected. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Divisional Head as needed.
- Participate in team-taught courses in small animal medicine
- Participate in case-based or other didactic courses
- Participate in Essential Veterinary Skills laboratories
- Provide consultation and support for the clinicians in the Ross University Veterinary Clinic in the management of clinical patients
Research and Scholarly Activity:
- Develop an independent and/or collaborative research program resulting in publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Present scientific findings at international conferences
- Committee Assignments
- Serve on postgraduate committees for Masters and PhD students.
- Other duties as determined by the Department and/or Division Head
- Completes other duties as assigned
- DVM or equivalent and Board certification in Small Animal Internal Medicine (American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine or European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine) are essential.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a DVM and PhD.
- Ideally candidates will have experience or interest in employing innovative teaching methods
- Development of a research program in one of the focus areas of our centers and/or in pedagogy is essential.
- Experience in teaching in a University environment in an AVMA accredited school or equivalent is preferred.
The successful applicant should have excellent interpersonal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere.
Salary is very competitive with US based universities and there is no income tax in St. Kitts which could result in a large increase to your net salary. As an expatriate, you may still be responsible to report income in your home country. Additional benefits include a significant relocation and repatriation package, health insurance, generous annual continuous education budget and annual travel benefit, geographical living allowance to offset cost of living differences, retirement match (up to 4% of your salary) and 7 weeks paid leave between semesters.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.