VCA Canada Vancouver Animal Emergency and Referral Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada is seeking a Board Certified Neurologist to join our small animal specialty referral (surgery, medicine, neurology, ophthalmology) and 24-hour emergency practice.
As a member of VCA Canada, VAERC is a rapidly growing Emergency and Specialty Hospital with a robust Imaging Center (CT, High-Field MRI, C-Arm, Digital radiology and Ultrasound). VAERC has had a 4 decade presence in Vancouver and we moved to our state of the art facility in July 2016. Our 12500 square foot hospital is well equipped with the technology one would expect in a specialty practice. Our team continues to grow and **WE NEED YOU**. We are building an incredible team of people who are committed to the highest standards of patient and client care. We practice ethical and compassionate medicine and look forward to staff who enjoy working in a cooperative team. We are also considering ECVIM candidates.
Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and is surrounded by majestic mountains, sparkling ocean, rainforests and beautiful foliage. Vancouver is a four season’s destination. Vancouverites and Canadians are known for our friendly nature and we take great pride in welcoming a vast multicultural population. Catering to any interest throughout the year, the city offers world class shopping, gourmet meals, outstanding live entertainment, sporting events, theatre, outdoor adventure, spectacular sights and attractions. With quick and easy access to; Whistler, the Canadian Rockies, Victoria and the Vancouver Island there is easy access to endless year-round water and land sports. Everyone can enjoy the range of activities from extreme sports, to family fun or to personal adventures.
About Our Candidate:
- You are a team player with excellent communication and leadership skills
- You possess a positive and collegial personality and enjoy interacting with other specialists and emergency doctors
- You would like to enjoy the quality of life the West Coast and the Coastal Mountains can provide
- You have completed a Neurology residency and are qualified or will be qualified as a Diplomate of ACVIM (Neurology)
- You hold a valid DVM degree and can be licensed in the province of BC
VCA is Canada’s largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core, are our people – people we think of as family. Our different strengths and interests enrich and improve us with diversity, innovation and excellence. We are national leaders in career development, growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are very passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
As member of VCA, we can offer:
- Leadership and other career growth opportunitiies
- CE opportunities with access to annual VCA conferences, seminars and CE allowance
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange within our practices
- Interactive learning through in-house online university (Woof U!)
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- Active research studies for publication and industry growth
- Competitive wages, extended medical benefits, Dental, A.D.D and Life insurance, Uniforms, discounted Pet Care, Continuing Education and Sick time.
- Flexible schedules that allow a good work/life balance and professional development
Come join us!
Please apply with URL: https://vca.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/Vancouver-British-Columbia/Specialist--Neurology_R-03027
For more information on who we are, what we do, Paw It Forward and opportunities with VCA, please visit us online at www.vcacanada.com or https://vcacanada.com/vancouveremergency
VCA is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance please let us know.