Internal Medicine Specialist
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital Central Coast (SASH CC), has a prominent location in the Tuggerah Business district. Tuggerah is a developing suburb of the Central Coast region of New South Wales. Situated on the Main North line railway and Sydney-Newcastle freeway approximately 90kms north of Sydney, it is the business hub, major shopping and financial district for the Central Coast all while only being a short drive to pristine beaches and picturesque lakes.
The hospital has been in operation for almost 2 years and is continually expanding and adding new services to provide a complete range of veterinary care to our clients and patients. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of quality health care to our patients and the highest level of service for their owners. We offer a wide range of clinical services including internal medicine, surgery, oncology, rehabilitation, ophthalmology, dermatology, radiology, rehabilitation and 24 hour emergency services.
The hospital is well equipped with Olympus ENT/Cystoscopy/Rhinoscopy Endoscope and full service in-house lab. Imaging is of the highest standard with digital radiography, 64 slice CT scanner, ultrasound, and a high field (1.5T) MRI at our Sydney hospital operated by a full-time radiographer. The Sydney hospital also has an onsite linear accelerator operated by a dedicated radiation therapist and a radiation oncologist. Our nurses are highly trained and supported by two specialist anaesthetists.
The successful applicant will be working with specialists in Oncology, Dermatology, Surgery, Ophthalmology and Rehabilitation as well rotating and medical interns and a team of dedicated emergency clinicians and friendly support staff. You must be comfortable in an environment where all are encouraged to collaborate on patient care, and where referring veterinarians and pet owners receive personal and attentive service.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Degree in Veterinary Science registrable in NS
- Self motivated with a commitment to ongoing professional developmen
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skill
- A commitment to providing the highest level of patient car
- The ability to work as part of a team and maintain a positive attitud
- The ability to multi-task and manage a high case load
- Good work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SAS
- Effective time management and organisation skills
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Board certified or Board qualified Internal Medicine Specialis
- A Fellow of the ANZCVS or a Diplomat with ACVIM or ECVI
- Candidates who have complete approved training programs but are yet to finalise exams are also strongly encouraged to app
- What we can offer you
- Competitive salar
- Continuing education allowance and conference leav
- Free onsite parking and close to public transpor
- Supportive team of SASH specialists, nurses and support staf
- Employee Assistance Progra
- Complete cover of the cost of sponsorship if require
- A great learning environment in a team that loves to share knowledge and experience
If you would like to know more, please contact our HR department on 02 9889 0289 with any questions!