7,000 people, one global focus –
Enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock.
We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX - and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious - where caring and committed people come together to make things better.
Due to our further expansion in Europe we are now seeking a highly-qualified individual to join our very successful medical consulting service as:
Veterinary Dermatologist (m/f)
IDEXX Laboratories is seeking a board-certified Dermatologist to join our growing telephone consulting service in Europe. Candidates interested in full or part time appointments are encouraged to apply. IDEXX dermatology consultants are responsible for telephone consultation with vets regarding interpretation of reference laboratory and in-house instrument results, as well as regarding treatment of their dermatology patients. We are seeking a service oriented individual who can provide high quality, practical advice in a timely manner to our colleagues in practice as well as liaise with our pathology and operational teams regarding advancements in Dermatology. The successful applicant will also be expected to promote the growth of IDEXX Laboratories, by actively participating in veterinary CPD meetings and maintaining other professional contact with veterinary surgeons.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for telephone consultation with clients (vets and vet nurses) regarding a wide range of topics including: choice of appropriate diagnostic testing, interpretation of laboratory results, (both reference laboratory and in- house testing) treatment and long-term management of dermatology cases. Consultants are expected to meet caseload and turnaround expectations and to be accessible for client consultations during regular working hours
- Maintain proficiency and continually develop medical knowledge base by attending continuing professional development meetings
- Participate in regular internal meetings with clinical pathologists, anatomic pathologists, internal medicine specialists and other operational departments as needed.
Other duties as assigned which may include:
- Development and presentation of CPD seminars, luncheon presentations to clients or IDEXX staff
- Preparing newsletter articles to be included in IDEXX newsletters; researching, writing or reviewing laboratory diagnostic or service updates on new products or services or on other medical topics that may be of interest to IDEXX clients; preparation of other marketing, sales or promotional material
- Participating in practice visits with the commercial team and other client facing activities dependent on workload and staffing availability
- Engaging in prospective or retrospective studies utilizing IDEXX case material or archives. Publication or presentation of scientific findings is encouraged
- Interacting with other IDEXX teams to develop new IDEXX products or technologies
- Participating in IDEXX committees or meetings to ensure quality of laboratory offerings and consulting services
- Applicants who are diplomates with the European College of Veterinary Dermatology (DECVD), the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (DACVD) are preferred
- We accept full time and part time applications.
Fluent German and English is required for this position. A third language is welcome.
Please apply here:
For more information please visit
Nicole Hammer-Kohler, Dipl. Oec.
International Veterinary Professionals, Talent Acquisition