Internal Medicine Specialist
VCA Canada Guardian Veterinary Centre is seeking a Board Certified Internist to join our small animal emergency, specialty referral and 24-hour critical care centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We are a well-equipped, state of the art, 20,000 square foot hospital including 24-hour staffing, CT, Ultrasound, Fluoroscopy, Endoscopy, Arthroscopy, and a Critical Care Ventilator. Our hospital currently includes the following services: surgery, medicine, critical care, cardiology, and ophthalmology. With an enduring connection in Edmonton, VCA Canada Guardian Veterinary Centre has built a trusting relationship with a large referral veterinary community over the past 10 years. We proudly welcome referral clients from all over Northern Alberta, Northern BC, Yukon, and the Northwest Territories.
Why Edmonton? What Sets us Apart?
- National Geographic included Edmonton in its list of best summer trips, the ONLY Canadian city, in 2015.
- Edmonton offers the largest area of urban parkland with over 7300 hectares that expands both sides of our beautiful North Saskatchewan River to take full
advantage of our great outdoors.
- Edmonton hosts several festivals each year, including our world renowned Folk Fest, Fringe Festival, Symphony under the Sky, Ice on Whyte Festival.
- We are a short drive away from the most majestic mountains in Canada, Jasper and Banff National Parks which boast world-class vistas with ample hiking, camping, and skiing
- With our new stadium, we have quickly become a top destination for many of the most sought after musical acts.
About Our Ideal Candidate
- You practice cooperative, team based medicine and have exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- You must be eligible to be licensed in the province of Alberta
- You have completed an Internal Medicine residency and are qualified or will be qualified as a Diplomate of ACVIM
- You fit well into a collaborative team culture and exhibit excellent communication skills with fellow colleagues, clients, and the referral community.
- We have made a commitment to support a positive work life balance. VCA Canada Guardian Veterinary Centre doctors and support staff are dedicated to our core values of Respect, Compassion, and a Progressive environment.
- With an established case load, VCA Canada Guardian Veterinary Centre continues to have excellent growth opportunities.
- We are a leader in emergency and specialty healthcare and foster a culture of compassion in a collaborative environment that leads to delivering exceptional care to patients, and service to our clients, referring veterinarians, and our community.
- We offer competitive compensation with an industry leading benefits package, including health and dental insurance, uniform allowance, professional dues, and continuing education allowance.
Why VCA Canada?
VCA Canada is the largest network of companion animal hospitals, with over 90 hospitals across Canada and our team of over 2,500 people who operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals. We are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people – our different strengths and interests enrich and improve us with diversity, innovation and excellence. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
As member of VCA Canada we can offer:
- Career growth and leadership opportunities
- CE opportunities with access to annual VCA Canada conferences and CE allowance
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange with other veterinarians
- Interactive learning through our soon to come in-house online university (Woof U!)
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- Active research studies for publication and industry growth
Come join us Caring for Life’s Greatest Companions!
VCA is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance please let us know.