Clinical Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology
Faculty of Science
School of Veterinary Science
Reference no. 1873/0917
· Opportunity to provide a client-focused specialist level Small Animal Cardiology Service in a state-of-the art Referral Hospital
· Located at Camperdown Campus
· Full-time 38 hours, fixed term for 12 months, remuneration package: $150Kp.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The Clinical Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology position is an exciting new opportunity for provision of specialist small animal cardiology services and clinical instruction of undergraduate veterinarians and veterinarians in residency training programs at the n the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Sydney, The successful applicant will work collaboratively with our teams of specialists in small animal medicine, oncology, surgery, diagnostic imaging, anaesthesia and emergency-medicine/critical care in our well-equipped, modern and busy veterinary referral hospital..
In this position, you will:
· provide small animal cardiology referral services at the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Sydney
· provide clinical instruction to veterinary undergraduate and postgraduate veterinarians
· contribute to teaching programs in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine curriculum
· participate in clinical research at the UVTHS
· manage/supervise and mentor junior veterinary staff
· assist with the development and maintenance of a financially viable service
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. We are looking for a highly motivated Clinical Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology with the following:
· Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists, Diploma of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine or American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Practitioners Board as a Veterinary Cardiologist
· a passion for teaching cardiorespiratory medicine
· Experience managing, mentoring and supervising staff and/or students willingness to contribute to an after-hours service where necessary, including an on-call roster.
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) is an internationally renowned provider of education and research and has staff and students based on Main Campus at Camperdown and the University's Camden campus. A key contributor to world best practice in the care and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoing success is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research