Term: 1-year fixed termcontract (accommodation will be provided)
Hours: Full-time, plus participation in the ‘out of hours’ rota
Location: Winchester, SO21
Internship start date: 29thJune 2020
Anderson Moores run a structured intern programme with eight interns and two annual intakes in March and July each year. We invite applications from qualified veterinary surgeons who wish to gain first-hand experience of a busy multi-disciplinary small animal referral only practice in Hampshire.
Anderson Moores Veterinary Specialists provides Specialist led services in Internal Medicine, Oncology, Orthopaedic, Soft Tissue,NeurosurgeryandNeurology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Radiology, and Anaesthesia. You will be assisting in the day-to-day clinics and out of hours emergency admissions with experienced boarded clinicians and a highly competent team of referral veterinary nurses.
Interns will rotate between Anaesthesia, Diagnostic Imaging, Neurosurgery and Neurology, Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Surgery, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Oncologyand the ‘out of hours’service over 12 months. You will be involved with case management, monitoring and treatment and work together with the team to achieve optimal outcomes for referred cases.
You will benefit from internal training and CPD programmes and participate in ward rounds, journal clubs, case reviews and interpretation of clinical data.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Applicants must be registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Applicants must have a high level of spoken and written English, or IELTS test scores of 7.5 with no element below 7.
- Applicants should have experience of working in general practice in the UK, or demonstrate a high level of understanding of referral practice and working in the UK.
- Whilst experience is preferred exceptional new graduates would be considered
Making an application
You may also contact this email address should you have any confidential or informal enquires about the position.
Please note: References from current mentors will be required for shortlisted candidates.
Deadline for applications: 21st February 2020
Interview date: Friday 13thMarch 2020