Internal Medicine Clinician at Pride Veterinary Centre, Derby, UK
Pride Veterinary Centre strives to deliver world class patient care. The fantastic facilities include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite (with CT and MRI), 3 ultrasound rooms, interventional radiology and cardiology capabilities, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool and treadmills and dedicated chemotherapy & radio-iodine treatment rooms.
Pride Veterinary Centre beautifully combines the benefits of a specialist led, multidisciplinary support infrastructure with the flexibility of being independently owned by members of the veterinary team.
The team of more than 100 veterinary professionals at Pride deliver leading specialist care across all disciplines, collaborating to provide the best possible outcome for all the patients. Alongside this, there is a Night Vets service, dedicated leadership structure and support functions such as Finance, Customer Care, HR, IT, in-house laboratory and diagnostic imaging support on site.
Pride Veterinary Centre is set at the heart of the prize-winning Pride Park development in amongst amazing sporting arenas and commercial enterprises. The foothills of the Derbyshire Dales offer incredible residential value for money in idyllic surroundings, whilst having the urban benefits of both Derby and Nottingham cities on the doorstep and an international airport very close by.
Pride Veterinary Centre are looking to appoint an internal medicine clinician to join an established team (currently 4 ECVIM-CA & ACVIM Diplomates, 1 residency trained clinician, 2 residents, 2 discipline specific interns, a workflow manager and 5 nurses), in a purpose built, state of the art multi-disciplinary referral hospital in Derby. Cardiology, Diagnostic Imaging and Oncology are amongst the other specialist led services working alongside the Internal Medicine team.
The clinical caseload is varied and interesting, and can involve active supervision of ECVIM-CA residents and final year students from the University of Nottingham Veterinary School who enjoy a structured rotation through Internal Medicine at Pride Veterinary Centre.
There is an element of out of hours cover shared across the team.
Required skills and experience:
- Member of the RCVS
- Diplomate of the European or American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine or have completed an ECVIM-CA or ACVIM approved small animal internal medicine residency
- Team work and collaboration skills
- Fantastic communication skills to engage referral vets, clients and colleagues
- Would be good to have:
- Teaching and supervision experience for students, interns and residents
- Published articles in peer reviewed journal
- Change management skills
Professional Perks and Benefits:
- 10 days paid CPD per annum
- £3000 CPD allowance per annum
- RCVS, plus 2 subscriptions and insurance all funded on annual basis
- Up to 34 days annual leave (including birthday off if due to be worked)
- Market competitive salary package and pension benefits
- Health insurance
- Death in service cover
- Discount staff pet scheme
For informal enquiries please contact:
Marc Dhumeaux DEDV, MVSc, Dipl. ACVIM, Dipl. ECVIM-CA, MRVCS
To apply please see below link:
Alternatively access the Pride Park careers page via: