Small Animal Medicine Consultant (m/f)
As a Small Animal Internal Medicine Consultant, you will be responsible for providing veterinary practitioners with phone consultations about interpretation of laboratory results, diagnostic testing and treatment options. A high level of importance is placed on quality, service, and timeliness.
The Professional Services Department at IDEXX strives to enhance veterinary care. The Internal Medicine team has a strong focus on peer-to-peer education and developing relationships with our colleagues in practice. Our veterinary team works closely with our commercial and laboratory team to ensure the highest quality in diagnostic solutions.
In This Role
- You will consult with clients via phone regarding diagnostic testing, laboratory results (both reference laboratory and in-house testing), treatment options and management of medical cases.
- You will discuss tests offered by IDEXX (reference laboratory and In-House diagnostic tests), specimen requirements, clinical utility of each test and how to interpret results.
- You will maintain proficiency and continually develop medical knowledge base by self-study, attending scientific meetings, participation in internal continuing education, and maintaining familiarity with current literature.
- You may be asked to develop and present internal and/or external CPD presentations.
- You may be asked to prepare newsletter articles to be included in IDEXX newsletters; writing or reviewing laboratory diagnostic or service updates on new products or services; or prepare other marketing, sales or promotional material.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- You should be a diplomate with the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ECVIM) or the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM). Individuals with extensive clinical experience who are ECVIM or ACVIM board eligible or hold a Certificate in Small Animal Medicine will be considered.
- Fluency in English is required for this position. Additional language skills are an advantage in this international company.
- A collaborative, service-oriented approach to work is essential in our team, as is ability to work independently.
- Computer literacy
- This position is located at our site in Wetherby, but working remotely from a home office will be considered.
- This position can be full time or part-time.
What We Offer
- When you join IDEXX, you will find yourself in a challenging but exciting environment where you are given the opportunity to be yourself, innovate, and grow. We have so much to offer!
- From day one, you will get full autonomy in your work and ample support when you need it.
- You will join a successful team who is proud of the work they do and motivated by their unified purpose of helping others.
- You will work with people who are inspiring, open, and the best in their operating space.
- We believe in you – with a team of over 8,000 all over the globe, there are lots of opportunities for learning, personal growth, and career expansion.
- You’ll be part of a double-digit growth company in a quickly growing market and we are leading the way forward with innovative products, services, and a strong focus on our customers.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at IDEXX contributes to enhancing the health and wellbeing of pets, people, and livestock. With over 8,000 global team members, customers in over 175 countries, and a fast-growing industry - we’re always looking for motivated and inspiring people to join us.
A significant portion of our growth is happening all across Europe and with growth comes opportunity! We offer competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits. Our company culture is built on our unified commitment to our mission and our offices are rich with a diversity of languages, cultures, and ways of working.
Apply on our website here: IDEXX Careers - Small Medicine Consultant (m/f)
Or copy and paste http://bit.ly/370epTH into your browser